Instagram has changed its algorithm and it seems harder to grow your audience on Instagram organically. It is really frustrating when you are trying their best to expand your network but you have not been getting good results.
In this article, we will talk about some ways that how to gain followers on Instagram. Read on!
How to gain followers on Instagram:
- Research your target audience carefully
- Like and comment on other accounts
- Use a variety of hashtags
Research your target audience carefully:
When you are promoting your brand or content then don’t try to share it with the people who have no interest in your brand. Research your target audience and post what they want to see on your Instagram page.
When you reach out other people who have no interest in you then they will unfollow you. There are some factors that you need to follow.
- Check out what is the location, age, and gender of your followers and conduct in-depth research that when your fans are online and what is their language. Make your growth strategy with the help of these stats.
- See what your competitors are posting on their Instagram page because they have a similar audience. Check their post captions, what tone of voice they are using for building their brand image and kind of photos. See their most popular posts and find the reason behind their popularity
- In order to know the interests and get feedback from your followers, ask what kind of content they want to see on your account. You can ask them through the Instagram story or live video and encourage them to add their thoughts in comments section.
Like and comment on other accounts:
However, it is a popular trend on Instagram to ask for follows and likes but it will not help you to expand your network in a long run. Alternatively, it is a good practice to like and comment on other’s posts or even buy instagram followers. You need to find out accounts that have more than 10k followers and relevant to your niche, like their posts and leave thoughtful comments on their popular posts.
But don’t use bots, do it manually but be genuine and don’t try to be spammy. Just give your opinion about the specific topic and make it short and clear. Try to spend almost two hours daily on it, you will see a great impact on your follower growth with the passage of time.
Use a variety of hashtags:
Hashtags are a vital tool when it comes to making your content discoverable. Instagram allows you to use up to 30 hashtags with each post but doesn’t use full thirty tags with your posts. Instead, consider using a variety of hashtags (set of 30 different hashtags) on each post.
However, it is time-consuming but this tactic will work well. Use well researched and relevant hashtags that define your content and reflect your brand. According to experts, around 11 hashtags with each post perform well.